Jaelin turned 3 years old last month in March 2014. I would hate to forget this moment that started this weekend when she started to sing. Granted her songs sound kind of mono-toned but oh my gosh, it is the cutest sound in the world. It started this weekend when the hubby and I were in the family minivan driving somewhere and Blues Clues was on the DVD player. She started singing along to the Blues Clues theme song. I just remembered my mouth dropped and my eyes widened. It took everything in me to not turn over to look at her because I knew if I did, she would get embarrassed and stop singing. Hubby enjoyed it too. Today, Jaelin and I were on our way to Joanne's store to pick up some fabric, she sang again. She sounded so cute and I can't put the words together to explain the cuteness. I'm sure it's because she's my baby. I just couldn't stop smiling behind that wheel.
Then this week, she started taking showers on her own. She said only babies take bathes and started taking showers. Of course, I'm always there to supervise but she has been washing her own hair, lathering up the rest, then rinsing all by herself. It made me very proud but sad at the same time. I mean it's great that she's learning how to be more independent with the baby coming in October. However, it made me kind of sad that she is starting to not need me as much anymore. Sooner or later, she'll stop wanting to hang out with me. It's hard to believe she's only 3 but I guess this is what other parents, particularly friends, mean when they say kids grow up too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment